K-State Olathe is seeking applications for a Director of Business and Finance Services. This position will have responsibility for all aspects of the financial management for K-State Olathe (80%) and supervision of personnel and services related to facilities and building operations to include security, AV/IT and events management (20%). Oversee the financial management and processes for both KOIC and K-State Olathe (operating through Kansas State University). This includes all revenues, expenditures, payroll, capital improvements, bond issues and banking relationships. Prepare, monitor and oversee the overall budget and finances for K-State Olathe. Work with KOIC Board, JCERT Authority, and Board of Regents for approval and reporting of campus budget and finances. These functions also include monthly management reporting, financial reporting, annual audited financial statements, and the JCERT audit. Support CEO with financial planning, business models and analysis to support operation and growth of the campus and its programs. Provide analysis and support for the financial operations of centers on campus (Sensory and Consumer Research). Develop and oversee SRO policies and procedures, provide support for grant and contract activities on campus, and support campus administration of research activity. Continue to evaluate and develop financial policies and procedures for operations of the campus.
Financial management responsibilities include:
• Develop and coordinate financial processes with Executive Assistant: expenditures, deposits, bank accounts, and record keeping.
• Develop and oversee financial policies for the Olathe campus, coordinating to integrate with Manhattan policies and procedures where feasible.
• Work with CEO to establish annual and capital budgets and monitor actual performance.
• Develop financial plans for programs and operations.
• Provide robust and relevant financial reports for management of the campus, use by the university and review by the JCERT Authority.
• Risk management: oversee insurance coverage for property, liability and auto insurance.
• Oversee payroll functions and reporting for the campus and assist HR function.
• Develop and maintain costing for operations for SRO, JCERT compliance and leasing/event charges.
• Work with Manhattan campus on RCM budget model and its implementation for the Olathe campus, including tuition and fee policies.
• Responsible for coordinating contracts, negotiations to include relationship management, and leasing activities; and ensuring compliance with University legal procedures.
• Coordinate and evaluate internal controls and evaluate any control weaknesses and implement corrective action.
• Maintain/supervise and monitor detailed reconciliations and all financial ledger activity.
• Coordinate all audit activities and annual financial report preparation.
• Work with banks, auditors and other external providers for quarterly and year end close.
Coordinate all grant activities and federal funding spending.
• Helps manage scholarship initiatives.
• Provide enrollment data and analysis for reporting and planning purposes.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position will also be responsible for supervision of personnel and services related to facilities and building operations to include security, AV/IT and events management.
The position is full-time, exempt and benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off - vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more, visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.