The UC Davis School of Medicine is among the nations leading medical schools, one that is committed to providing the best in student-centered educational experiences. Our school encompasses a diverse group of medical and graduate students who are guided by faculty dedicated to improving lives and transforming health for all.
As part of UC Davis Health, the School of Medicine is helping train the nations health care workforce and preparing them to become future leaders in health for our communities.
Salary Range : $8,500 - $22,175
Salary Frequency : Monthly
Appointment Type : Career
Percentage of Time : 100%
Shift Hour : Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Location : Education Building
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : No
Benefits Eligible : Yes
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
Under the direction of the Dean, the Executive Assistant Dean is the chief operating, fiscal, strategic, business, and administrative officer for the Office of the Dean, School of Medicine overseeing, through subordinate managers and supervisors, all functions required for effective business operations of the SOM. The EAD is a key strategic partner to the Dean and is responsible for leading the planning and achievement of major initiatives in fiscal and business operations, physical resources management, and research administration. This position is responsible for final review of all faculty recruitments. The position is responsible for leading high-level recruitments and negotiations such as Department Chairs, Center Directors, and Associate Dean positions.
Key responsibilities of this position are to provide leadership for strategic planning and oversight for fiscal operations, resource management, administrative policy and procedure, information technology, space planning, safety and facilities management for the SOM as a whole. In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and others within the Finance Division of UC Davis Health, the EAD oversees the strategic business and administrative planning, budget development and implementation, policy formulation, and organizational development to support the School of Medicines missions of education, research, patient care and community engagement. The position is responsible for active management of the budget, including oversight of the departments, centers, and institutes that are part of the SOM.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: * Minimum of ten years of involvement and successful track record of leadership in institutional operations, financial and budget administration, human resources, IT, facilities administration and planning gained within a medical school, major research university, academic medical center, or faculty practice plan.
* Masters degree in business, finance, health care administration, or a strongly related discipline.
* Extensive knowledge of financial operations, strategic and financial planning, contracts, reimbursement, research administration, budgeting capital planning, human resources, and facilities planning in an organization of similar complexity.
* Advanced experience and ability to understand, analyze, and interpret complex written material and financial data, and effectively communicate results of analyses.
* Strength and depth of experience in transforming strategy into action, resource allocation, organizing, and management administrative workflows.
* In partnership with the UC Davis CFOs office, the ability to rapidly synthesize the complex needs of the growing health system, particularly as it pertains to faculty recruitment.
* A deep understanding of complex issues facing higher education, and medical education, and the understanding of how to develop strategies to ensure effective infrastructure and progressive management.
* A deep understanding of the complexities in a large clinical and basic science research enterprise in a top ranked academic health center.
* Proven strong political acumen skills and ability to apply in diverse, complex organization.
* Experience with change management and a comfort with using data driven process improvement as well as indirect influence to accomplish strategic objectives.
* Proven experience handling highly sensitive and confidential issues that require independent judgment and strict discretion.
* Track record of and strong commitment to the enhancement of diversity within the organization.
* This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://ucdmc.contacthr.com/74148218
Internal Number: 74148218
BACK TO TOP
NACUBO Career HQ is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACUBO has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACUBO Career HQ.