The Senior Auditor position is an exciting senior level opportunity for a seasoned and motivated Auditor in the University's internal audit department. The auditor will lead a variety of interesting business process audits and partner with the college, clinical practices and other operating units to evaluate processes and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness in line with the organization's strategic initiatives. This position reports to and assists the Internal Audit Director in developing and maintaining an effective internal audit program to support the operations of the University. The Senior Auditor supports the Internal Audit Department operations in conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and delivers value-added, high impact, customer-focused internal audit services. This position is responsible for ensuring that the Internal Audit Department effectively contributes to the achievement of the University's goals and objectives, and is consistent with the Internal Audit Department Charter as approved by the Board.
- Proactively keeps the Internal Audit Director informed of the progress of audit projects. - Completes audits on time, and prepares audit programs, work papers and audit reports. - Perform audit specific risk assessment. - Perform projects to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget. - Performs complex operational, financial, and compliance audits of the University. - Coordinates and interacts with senior management, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with University students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the University. - Keeps abreast of University policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable. - Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of the University. - Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required. A graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is preferred.
- A Certified Public Accountant ("CPA") or Certified Internal Auditor ("CIA") designation preferred.
- Five plus years accounting, auditing, or other relevant experience preferably in a university and/or healthcare environment required.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present oral and written reports, and conduct conferences with senior management is required.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and an understanding of accounting and financial systems are needed.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.