Final Filing Date: 08-26-2018, thereafter Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Associate Controller, the Director of Accounting performs a key leadership role in Accounting and Financial Services, serving the UC Davis ("UCD") community and its various stakeholders. This position holds responsibility for financial and budgetary information reported on campus and to the UC Office of the President ("UCOP").
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Five plus years of accounting/finance leadership experience within higher education or related setting.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including leading by example, inspiring employees to excel in process execution and service delivery, and rewarding and recognizing employee performance.
• Extensive experience in developing and applying accounting, financial and internal control policy; technical knowledge of GAAP, FASB, GASB, external and internal audit practices and expectations.
• Experience in directing operational improvement activities, as well as strategic initiatives, including ability to acquire, allocate, and optimize resources and manage complex budgets.
• Experience using Excel, reporting tools and/or equivalent applications to develop complex spreadsheets and ad hoc reports including the use of pivot tables and other functions.
• Experience working with large complex data sets, providing analyses and developing concise summarizations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Experience at a large research institution and/or medical center.