Full Time, Career Starting Salary Range: $85,000 - $105,000/annually. Salary commensurate w/qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Involves technology-based analysis of business practices, processes and problems; developing solutions which may involve process design, data and information architecture, software development and policy or procedural changes; creating specifications for systems to meet requirements; validating requirements against needs; designing details of automated systems; developing user interface design; planning and executing unit integration and end-user acceptance testing; may develop training materials for system implementation. May lead cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Budget and Resource Management, the Data Warehouse Manager leads a team of business intelligence professionals and manages data warehouse operations, information development, and user services.
The Office of Planning and Budget's Data Management Team oversees and supports campus data warehouse and reporting services in partnership with Information Technology Services. Over the past 20+ years, the campus data warehouse has grown and matured in response to campus-wide reporting needs across 35+ subject-areas from 50+ data sources. Reports available through the reporting tool InfoView (SAP Business Objects), both standard and ad hoc, are widely used on campus for both daily operational information and longitudinal trend analysis. The topical areas of reporting are varied and include enterprise system reporting, such as financial operations, personnel and payroll, academic information, giving and donations, campus facilities, etc., as well as unit-specific operations such as dining point of sale, purchasing turn-time, equipment management ,etc.
• Knowledge of business practices/processes in a complex business environment in at least one of the following relevant general subject-matter areas: Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Higher Education.
• Excellent data analysis and data administration skills adequate to learn multiple subject-matter areas, define data elements, identify data quality and data usability issues, develop test plans and implement them, communicate issues or propose corrective action, and support users. Experience analyzing business and needs and creating high level and detailed written specifications or proposed plans to meet those needs, considering cost/benefit/risk.
• Experience or advanced knowledge of project management techniques and tools; track record of success in managing large, complex, information development projects.
• Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization; demonstrated experience in presenting topics to groups of various sizes.
• Demonstrated experience in managing staff and directing them in supporting the operation and maintenance of large enterprise systems and in developing high-quality user support services and training. Strong knowledge and understanding for both business and technology components of information management.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 06/15/2017
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite 100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.