Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania’s department of Finance, Budget and Business Services invites applications for the position of Director of Student Financial Services (Bursar).
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Finance, Budget and Business Services, the Bursar is responsible for managing all aspects of the student financial services function within the Office of the Bursar, coordinates the billing and collection of over $200 million annually in tuition, related fees, room and board while maintaining a customer service environment. Insures that all University revenues are properly billed, collected, deposited and recorded in the University’s accounting system. Maintains proper internal controls over cash receipts and related functions. Supervises the collection of Perkins and Nursing student loans.
This position requires a broad-based knowledge of all areas of accounting, billing and collections. Strong PC and business software skills are required. Excellent Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) skills are a necessity. Must have strong business communication skills and excellent use of grammar and composition. Must interact well with other employees, students and parents. Must be a problem-solver and a self-starter. Strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail are definite requirements.
· Manages the student billing system including the planning, coordination and implementation of changes to the student billing process, entry of approved fees and timing of due dates.
· Ensures that all revenues received within the University are promptly deposited and accurately recorded in the accounting records.
· Manages the collection process for student accounts and ensures that all University accounts receivable are properly accounted for and collected on a timely basis, which includes the aging of balances and transfer of accounts to an outside collection agency or the PA Office of the Attorney General.
· Directs the processing of all student refunds.
· Directs and organizes the department to ensure that student customer service is highly prioritized.
· Directs the University reporting and customer service requirements for the American Opportunity Tax Credit Program.
· Develops and communicates student billing and receipt procedures for the various study abroad programs within the University. Coordinates these processes with the Office of the Registrar, Student Financial Aid and International Programs.
Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting, finance or business related field preferred.
Five or more years of related billing and collections.
Full charge supervisory experience, preferably in a higher education union environment.
Demonstrated ability to use a relational database such as PeopleSoft information system.
Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues and external constituents.
Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a business-related field MBA.
Prior experience with Student Accounts, a Bursar Office or in a customer service industry is a plus.
Experience in higher education account collections.
Experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including tuition fee waiver for self and dependents. Applicants must successfully complete interview process to be considered as a finalist. Candidates should apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cfm Electronic application allows for cover letter and resume attachments (required). References with contact information will be required prior to interview. Deadline for applications is June 12, 2017. Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU's educational mission and strategic plan, Building on Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment criminal background checks.
West Chester University, the second largest of the 14 institutions that comprise the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, is located 25 miles west of Philadelphia. Enrollment includes approximately 9,400 undergraduate students and 2,000 graduate students.