Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, the Director serves as the chief operating officer for the University Centers department in the Division of Student Affairs. In this role, the Director oversees programs, budget, staff, and facilities that serve to promote and enhance Student Life at the University. Units within the University Centers currently include the Activities, Involvement and Leadership Office, the Blugold Card Office, the Service Center, Event Production and Services, Camps & Conferences, and Printing Services. The Director establishes and maintains positive collaborative relationships with other University departments, campus vendors, other institutions and various offices that support the University system. The Centers Director will have the opportunity to work collaboratively on future development of new construction and renovation projects on campus and in the community.
- A demonstrable record of support for, and commitment to, equity for all people, diversity in all its forms and inclusivity of everyone.
- Direct, supervise and assess Associate/Assistant Directors and other staff as appropriate.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with student leadership groups on campus.
- Design and develop an effective organizational structure; set and evaluate progress toward departmental goals and objectives and implement an on-going plan for continual improvement throughout the University Centers.
- Oversee, and have responsibility for two student centered facilities, the Davies Student Center and the Hilltop Dining Commons as well as the two academic performance/multi-use spaces, Schofield Auditorium and Zorn Arena.
- Direct the work of the Resident District Manager and General Manager for Blugold Dining, the Manager of the University Bookstore, and the Manager of the Campus Bank.
- Direct, supervise and assess existing programs offering educational, social and cultural opportunities that enhance the learning environment of the student center.
- Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor, in partnership with the University Budget Office, the Director will work with the University Centers staff, especially the Associate Director, to develop a comprehensive budget, propose fees and set meal plan rates for each fiscal and academic year.
- Serve as the Campus Contract Administrator for the University contracts governing the relationships that provide vended service for University Centers activities, dining, bookstore, banking and vending. Serve as the liaison to the Office of System Procurement in Madison.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of new, expanded and enhanced programs, services and functions.
- Provide direction and oversight in campus sustainability.
- Provide planning, policy enforcement and overall direction for the daily operation of the University Centers and all of its activities, programs and services.
- Provide professional development opportunities for University Centers permanent and student staff.
- Serve as the Executive Director of the Viennese Ball, chair the committee, staff working groups, oversee the production and distribution of scholarships, and ensure the continued success of this event.
- Serve as an Ex-officio member of the University Dining Committee (a student-led advisory committee), The Forum and the Artist Series committees, and the Textbook Rental Committee/IRR.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships across the University and especially with Housing & Residence Life, University Recreation & Sports Facilities, Athletics, Facilities Management, Integrated Marketing & Communications, Advising, Retention and Career Services and Blugold Central.
- Serve as a member of the Vice Chancellor’s Deans & Directors Committee.
- Other duties as may be assigned.