Associate Director of Housing
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, direct the administrative and operational activities of Housing Services in support the dynamic and evolving housing needs for UC students and other constituencies. The Associate Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating systems and processes that are student-centered, foster student retention, reflect institutional thinking and support the operational and financial goals of Housing & Food Services (HFS), Campus Services, and the University.
- Direct the administrative and operational activities of Housing (i.e., management of conferencing programs, resident hall contracts and room assignment procedures, meal plan programs and rates, billing and collections, system functions, etc.).
- Design, coordinate, and supervise systems and procedures for managing activities within the department, including student records and contracts.
- Compile data and statistics, conduct research, and disseminate reports concerning aspects (i.e. program effectiveness, student satisfaction, etc…) of occupancy management and the larger residential community. Directly manage this information and make recommendations for future programs and services.
- Develop services and programs that meet the needs of residents to ensure consistency with the mission of Housing & Food Services, Campus Services, and the University.
- Assist the Director of Housing and the Director of Food with planning of room and board programs, forecasting occupancy, developing revenue and expense budgets, and make recommendations for capital expenditures (i.e., furniture & equipment).
- Coordinate the development of marketing strategies and public relations activities through informational brochures, flyers, literature, etc.
- Represent Housing & Food Services to various groups; serve as liaison with internal services and external agencies that promote the seamless delivery and effective operation of the residence hall programs and present a positive image of the department and the university.
- Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Bachelor's degree with five (5) years experience; -OR- Associate's degree with seven (7) years experience; -OR- nine (9) years experience. Degree must be in a related field. Experience must be in housing administration/management on a large college campus. Experience should include at least three (3) years supervision.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Business Administration, or related field of study.
- Completed ACUHO-I Certificate in Occupancy Management
- Strong service orientation and ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven collaboration skills with an emphasis of team work across multiple units
Please apply at http://bit.ly/2p0v450
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.