Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Employee Benefits position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Human Resources, the Director, Employee Benefits is responsible for the overall implementation, administration and communication of the College's retirement, health and welfare benefit programs. The Director will administer and process all College employee benefit programs in accordance with pertinent laws, regulations and union contracts. The Director will also recommend new or modified benefit plan policies and procedures. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to the College and employees. The Director provides oversight and supervision to direct reports.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Six (6) years experience in employee benefits administration required.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations as they pertain to the duties and responsibilities of the position required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a rapidly changing environment required.
• Excellent organizational skills required; accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, responsibility and flexibility required.
• Ability to use working knowledge of working environment to meet established goals and objectives required.
• Proficiency in MS Office including MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Higher education experience preferred.
• Supervisory experience in a higher education, unionized environment preferred.
• Proficiency in enterprise wide systems such as Banner preferred.