Student Account Specialist/Borrower Support Coordinator - San Diego Campus
Alliant International University
Department: Student Business Services
Locations: San Diego, CA
Posted: Mar 06, '17
Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
About Alliant International University:
Alliant International University's mission is to provide students with the highest quality of education through innovation in scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. The University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to improve the quality of human life by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students and faculty.
The Student Account Specialist/Borrower Support Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Student Business Services. This position is responsible for monitoring outstanding receivables, performing due diligence while collecting to ensure maximum cash flow, and corresponding with outside collections agencies. In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for monitoring NSLDS reports on federal student aid and contacting students that are delinquent or defaulted on loans taken out while attending Alliant. They will monitor cohort default rate metrics to ensure accuracy, identify action plans to reduce the rate for the institution, and assist students with their repayment. The Specialist will have interaction with a variety of individuals at all levels of the institution.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Accounts Functions (70%):
1. Collect current and past due monies owed to the University from current and former students at all campuses.
2. Review past due accounts to ensure that all due diligence requirements are performed.
3. Perform audit on accounts to ensure amounts due are accurate.
4. Make attempts to collect past due amounts through phone calls, letters, and emails to make payment arrangements, calendar, and follow up on required actions.
5. Document history of conversation/agreements in CX and Feith.
6. Analyze and review account problems to ensure quality control and accurate reporting.
7. Set-up and maintain deferred payment plans for delinquent students in accordance with approved
8. Monitor and evaluate student payments to ensure payments are made when due.
9. Respond to written and oral requests for accounts statements and analysis.
10. Help students understand their financial status and advise them accordingly.
11. Monitor effects of drops/adds to student accounts and verify that students receive proper credits and/or charges.
12. Analyze accounts to determine which ones are to be assigned to outside collection agencies.
13. Review accounts that are in collection agencies to see that they are effectively serviced.
14. Produce, distribute, and explain 1098T tax statements to students.
15. Prepare invoices and payment receipts in accordance with student requests.
16. Train, advise, and monitor duties assigned to local student advisors.
17. Assist in clearing students financially during the add/drop period.
Borrower Support Functions (30%):
1. Maintain current knowledge of federal student aid repayment programs and guidelines.
2. Generate and review NSLDS reports of a monthly basis to identify and provide assistance to student borrowers that are delinquent or defaulted.
3. Serve as main university point of contact for student borrowers in repayment.
4. Assist in entrance and exit counseling for student borrowers.
5. Develop strategies to address default rates and track effectiveness of such efforts.
6. Communicate complex repayment terms in clear and concise language and document interactions in Jenzabar CX and Feith.
7. Participate in student borrower outreach campaigns via phone, email, and letters.
8. Monitor and control student account holds for exit counseling completion and loan repayment.
9. Lead conference calls with students and lenders to address all aspects of their student loan servicing.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS or equivalent with preferred experience in Accounting/Student Accounts.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in a Student Business Services, Financial Aid, or similar environment. Knowledge of Federal Student Aid repayment guidelines. Higher education work experience required.
Essential Job Functions: Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Jenzabar CX. NSLDS experience preferred.
• Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact. effectively with people of all ages and diverse background.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a team player.
• Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines.
• Maintain composure under high stress conditions.
• Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Background Check Requirements: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits discrimination in employment and in its educational programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or associational preference.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
This policy is governed by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Please include a cover letter, resume and three professional references with your submission.
TO APPLY: https://alliant.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=82129
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency