The Desert Research Institute (DRI) seeks a highly motivated, well-organized person for the position of Business Manager in the Division of Atmospheric Sciences (DAS). DRI is the non-profit environmental research campus of the Nevada System of Higher Education. DAS is one of the three research divisions at DRI. The major campuses of DRI are in Reno and Las Vegas. This position is located at the Reno campus with occasional travel to Las Vegas as needed to serve the DAS faculty and staff there.
The Business Manager reports to and works closely with the Executive Director of DAS in a division leadership partnering relationship. The Business Manager also works directly with faculty, staff, and administration to develop grant proposals and contract bids for research projects; coordinates the development of 150+ proposals per year; assists faculty in responding to RFP guidelines; creates budgets; reviews proposal packages for accuracy and compliance; and authorizes and submits final proposals.
This position is responsible for pre and post-award administration of research grants and contracts for the division, and reviews and negotiates their terms and conditions in compliance with DRI and NSHE policy. Project accounts are set up in a grants and contracts database, and expenditures for each project are tracked and authorized by the Business Manager. The position requires preparation and monitoring of sub-awards, requesting contractual amendments from sponsors, and developing recharge rates for specialized service centers as needed. The deadline driven nature of some of the Business Managers responsibilities will occasionally require work outside normal business hours.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with six years of full-time relevant experience in a sponsored-research environment; or a graduate business degree with 4 years of relevant full-time experience in a sponsored research environment
- US Citizenship
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, management, and supervisory abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with state or federal governmental grant or contract business administration
- Experience in cost estimating and budget development and tracking
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and automated accounting systems
- Evidence of ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within competing time constraints
- Knowledge of Federal Circulars and Regulations (2.CFR 200 Uniform Guidance, OMB A-110, and OMB A-133)
- Successful record performing in a deadline-driven environment, while supporting multiple-proposal deadlines/ schedules
- Customer service oriented leader that thrives in a team environment
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at: http://jobs.dri.edu/postings/222 . To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by April 2, 2017. For questions regarding this position, please call the recruiting office at 775-673-7332.
DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.