| Financial/Analyst Hyperion System Analyst|
Columbia College Chicago, an acclaimed higher education institution set in the heart of Chicago, with over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students, offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creative and media arts and business is currently searching for an experienced Financial Analyst/Hyperion System Administrator.
Responsible for the for providing day to day administrative support and monitoring for the financial applications supporting financial planning cycles and reporting (Budget, Forecast, Allocations) to maintain their integrity and business function. Manage the Hyperion Planning forecasting tool including, but not limited to: setting up users, ensuring proper security, preparing the tool to receive periodic forecasts and the yearly budget, writing reports and extracting data for further analysis from the tool. Responsible for performing approved modifications to existing calculations, hierarchies and business rules. Lead and provide hands-on implementation support for future enhancement and development projects for planning activities and reporting. This role serves as the IT point person, system advocate, and subject matter expert for applications and provides day-to-day close support to internal business partners. In addition, provides team with technical guidance and day-to-day task assignments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains planning forms, business rules, task lists, calculation scripts and reports to support business requirements for planning cycles and reporting goals in the PBCS applications.
- Works with Budget, Planning and Analysis (OBPA) team to gather planning, projection and forecasting models and reporting requirements, implements, tests and delivers.
- Supports future development and enhancements of PBCS.
- Develops and maintains efficient, governed processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of the supported planning and reporting applications.
- Understands the EMP automate process, meta-data member updates, associated hierarchies (organizations, accounts, plan sets, etc.) and mappings for various incoming data sources (People Soft FCM, HCM, student information system, spreadsheets, Essbase) and downstream reporting applications (PeopleSoft, Essbase, PBCS) by leveraging FDMEE, load rules, SQL routines and other technology.
- Reviews routine scheduled and ad-hoc data loads and meta-data updates, validating accuracy and performing corrective actions, as warranted.
- Maintains transparent validation evidence and procedures, employing best practices in change management / governance; Researches and identifies appropriate data sources to support planning model enhancements and future development.
- Provides support and technical assistance to end users of Workspace and Smart view for Planning / Reporting; Acts as subject matter expert to work with Oracle (vendor) and IT to resolve user and administrative incidents with software and hardware; Follows established protocols for tracking, monitoring and resolution of incidents.
- Develops and delivers administrative guide and end user training materials and programs for PBCS applications.
- Monitors supported applications daily for performance and integrity; Ensures adequate controls, issues logs, and administrative documentation is maintained for supported applications; Manages systems efficiency by monitoring processing times and completing scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance routines; Notifies management of issues, works closely with IT Team and vendor support to resolve application performance issues and improve system processes and time cycles.
- Develops and routinely maintains documentation including desktop operating procedures, planning policies and financial systems administration and user guides for supported applications; Assists users with interpretation of reference materials.
- Maintains application security for forms, tasks, reports and end users / groups using Shared Services; Monitors end user activity on logs; Ensures compliance with internal IT security policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or a related field; Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of five years of "hands-on" Hyperion Planning v11 or higher and PBCS administration and development experience required.
- Certification in supported Hyperion products a plus.
- Hands-on Hyperion applications (Planning, PBCS, Essbase, Smartview, FRS, EAS) administration skills required, including developing and maintaining forms, tasks, reports, business rules, outlines, calculation and reporting scripts, load rules, batch scripts, security, managing meta-data / core data loads and validations.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials and/or HCM desirable, but not required.
- Strong understanding of financial planning and reporting concepts and associated business processes; Strong understanding of governance, financial controls and validation (reconcilement) methods.
- Advanced Excel skills including formula development, pivot tables, macros, familiarity with text, look-up and reference, data and financial functions; advanced database skills (Access, SQL, Oracle); Intermediate Power Point skills required.
- Prior customer support and training program delivery experience for financial planning systems.
- Project management skills; Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, math and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, including flexibility to work alternate schedules and overtime (nights and weekends) to support planning cycles; Ability to accept and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
Please provide three references and salary requirements in your cover letter.
This is a non-union position.
Columbia College Chicago is an EEO Employer. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To view the complete job description and apply, please visit: