Bay State College is a private college whose mission is to provide students with a quality education that prepares them for professional careers and increasing levels of higher education.
Currently we are seeking candidates for the position of Vice President of Administration and Finance.
The Vice President of Administration and Finance serves as the chief financial officer for the College and reports directly to the President. Responsibilities include directing major administrative functions such as oversight and responsibility for the operating and capital budget, accounting and comptroller functions, annual planning and budget development, financial forecasting, procurement operations, administering of Title IV programs, compliance, controls and preparation for various annual audits, insurance and risk management, human resources, facilities and long-range financial projections.
This position also serves as a member of the President's Executive Leadership Team and as financial advisor to the President and regularly provides financial reports to the Board of Trustees and is involved in policy development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Promote the financial well-being of the College, accessibility, value and affordability for students and shared ownership of fiduciary responsibilities by providing budget management, monitoring appropriate investments, exercising shared executive control over the College budget, and safeguarding all assets of the College.
- Provide strategic and tactical thinking as well as broad business insight. Take a leadership role in developing the financial strategy to support the growth of the business, while continuing to drive operating efficiencies.
- Supporting and collaborating with the Executive Leadership Team to improve ongoing analytical and financial management data and insight, develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the institution’s operations and business plans.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Board appointed Finance Committee, which includes subcommittees for audits and investments.
- Provide timely, forward thinking financial and management advice and direction to the President, senior management and the Board of Trustees.
- Lead the implementation of the strategic financial planning for BSC’s annual budget and multi-year forecasts.
- Oversee and support the full range of financial and accounting functions and related compliance including: financial planning, reporting, analysis; accounting services; budget planning; position management; cash control; treasury management including debt service bonds; investment management; accounts payable and receivable including student accounts receivable; payroll; internal and external audit; procurement; and the administering of Title IV funds.
- Develop and implement procedures, processes, and disciplines fundamental to maintaining a solid and reliable control environment; ensure BSC maintains balanced budgets, meets all credit rating and composite scores
- Responsible for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of financial information provided to internal and external parties including BSC banks and external auditors to ensure compliance with laws and regulations of various regulatory bodies
- Provide leadership to continue to build and maintain a “best practices” finance department, and develop a strong team and strong relationships at all levels.
- Mentor and develop employees, including performance management and coaching
- Demonstrable evidence of innovative and progressive thinking, which has effected positive change.
ESSENTIAL JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Supervises: Director of Student Financial Services & Compliance, Human Resources, Finance Staff and Building & Grounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis
Bay State is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.