The purpose of this position is to oversee Business Service Operations for the Division of Housing and Food Service. Effectively lead a team of five unit heads to oversee all business operations for the division. Provide strategic financial consultation and long-term forecasting of the business.
1. Provide strategic counsel to the leadership of the Division of Housing and Food Service in the areas of finance and budget to ensure optimum resource allocation and fiscal strength. Forecast short and long-term financial models and feasibility reports. Create pro formas to test the feasibility of business opportunities and construction projects.
2. Lead and manage a department consisting of financial reporting, accounting and budgeting, marketing, IT, contract administration, occupancy management, conferences, summer camps, administrative support and travel. Supervise and evaluate the unit heads of those functions. Ensure all units are optimized in terms of efficient operations using automation and process improvement. Foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork within the staff and unit managers.
3. Ensure adequacy of controls and proper accounting processes in deposits, accounts receivable, cash management, funds transfers, purchasing, vendor relations, salary administration and salary disbursements. Prepare special reports on department finances to comply with university and regulatory agency requirements.
4. Develop the annual financial plan, develop and review rates for various products and services, manage the budget revenues and disbursements to ensure sound fiscal footing and proper stewardship of financial resources.
5. Serve as liaison with appropriate key stakeholders, audiences and professional organizations on and off campus. Serve on boards and committees to represent the interests of the department and the university.
Licenses: Class "C" Operator's Driver's License. Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident.