The University of Oklahoma invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Budget and Financial Planning on the Norman Campus.
Description -- Oklahoma's flagship university is searching for a forward-thinking leader to enhance the development, analysis, and communication of the university's budget and financial planning at an institutional, college, and operating unit level. Reporting to and working closely with the Associate Provost and Director of Budget & Financial Planning, the Associate Director will lead the Assistant Director of Budget and Financial Planning and a team of three budget personnel to achieve the following objectives:
* Institutional and Unit Budget Development
* Work closely with the Provost's Office and Finance & Administration in developing the near-term and long-term Norman Campus budget, both operating and capital * Develop budget forecast models institution-wide and across various operating units * Review required budget reports prior to submission to external constituents * Provide transparent communication through the Budget website or meetings with faculty and staff regarding the Norman Campus budget * Develop insightful and user-friendly budget reports for internal constituencies, including the Board of Regents, President, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Administration and Finance, Chief Financial Officer, etc.
* Budget Oversight
* Develop and implement sustainable methods for monitoring budgetary compliance across departments * Analyze both budget and actual revenue and expense data to identify key trends and relationships * Outreach to and guide departments on budget policies and best practices * Work with the Budget Council on key topic areas * Provide helpful guidance to departments regarding state budget issues
We will begin reviewing applications on October 20, 2017. If you would like to make confidential inquiries about this position, please email email@example.com or call 405-325-1271.
Application Instructions: Please submit an application, cover letter, and resume online at http://jobs.ou.edu (Job Number 173160).
Qualifications -- Required Education: Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline AND:
* Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible related experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complicated budget data to all university stakeholders * Ability and desire to embrace and manage change; demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of productivity and effectiveness * Outstanding financial analysis and modeling skills, including variance analysis, financial statement analysis, and the ability to design and prepare detailed financial reports and analyses * Ability to work well and develop positive working relationships with students, faculty, and staff across the university * Exceptionally adept at using Microsoft Office Suite to present data in user-friendly formats * Ability to handle sensitive information; must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality * Strong problem solving and project management skills * Advanced composition skills for producing documents for public and internal distribution
* Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field * Certified Public Accountant or similar certification * 5-10 years of experience as a budget or financial analyst * Experience working at an institution of higher education
Supervision: 3-5 Staff
The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution www.ou.edu/eeo. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply