Reporting to the Director of Financial Systems with a dotted line to the Director of Budget and Financial Analysis, the Senior Business Systems & Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis, information delivery and reporting solutions to meet university distributed financial decision-making requirements and financial initiatives. He/She will assist in the ongoing maintenance, end user support, end user training and improvement of Workday Finance. This position will also assist in the development of financial models. He/She will provide daily support to the Administration and Finance division. Responsibilities will include updating and maintenance of financial processes and calculations within Workday Finance, reporting and metrics for a variety of audiences including the Board of Trustees, assisting in the maintenance of the Workday chart of accounts and related rate tables, assisting in business process improvement as it relates to Workday and consulting with end users and the IT department to troubleshoot any technology issues within the division. Responsibilities also include development of financial models and reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis, preparing narrative analyses for management to support decision making and creating, maintaining and enhancing financial models.
1. Advises, consults, and provides guidance in the use and selection of appropriate financial information from the Workday financial system, dashboards and ad hoc reporting, through one-on-one consulting and general or customized training sessions. Analyze reported issues and follow through to satisfactory resolution. Responsible for ad hoc financial reports, surveys and interim reports, as well as any other special reporting needed. Recommends University policy changes relative to financial reporting and assists the Controller in maintaining the University chart of accounts.
2. Perform financial analysis and conduct data mining across multiple systems. Clarify, investigate discrepancies and exceptions and proactively develop solutions and processes; effective in data analysis/mining, including predictive modeling and variance analysis.
3. Manage and develop internal cost allocation projects and other financial/cost analysis projects
4. Build, maintain and enhance financial models and databases
5. Works with management to report appropriate and meaningful financial information and metrics for use by the VP for Administration & Finance, the President's Cabinet and the Board of Trustees.
6. Responsible for various cost accounting functions such as the annual fringe benefit rate calculation, periodic Facilities and Administration rate development as well as university cost allocations to Auxiliaries and other enterprises.
7. Assists in the collaboration with end users to identify, define, and document business requirements. Assists in the translation of requirements into technical definitions used for implementing a solution to meet business needs. Assists with analysis, development and implementation for new technologies and solutions.
8. Responsible for the development of operational and analytical reports for end users. Check and validate published reports for consistency, accuracy and general quality control during software, hardware and infrastructure upgrades. Assist in communication and resolution when issues occur.
9. Serves as the backup to the Director of Financial Systems. Assist in testing of new systems, upgrades of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing. Advises users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
Minimum 3-5 years' experience in financial data management with strong information systems knowledge, financial analysis, ability to maximize use of reporting tools, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in designing and building financial models and financial presentations using Microsoft Excel charts/graphs and Microsoft PowerPoint or other systems.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs. Excellent problem solving skills are essential.
Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with co-workers and multiple levels of management regarding financial information delivery.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities to manage multiple demands, and work independently.
Experience with enterprise applications and reporting tools.
Experience with Workday preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply Required Documents
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.